Designer: Jan Carlson
Spread a message of thanks to all who enter your home with a garland constructed from plastic flowers, wooden letters, and woven plastic-tablecloth strips.
- 51⁄2“-tall wooden letters to spell Give Thanks
- Spray paint: black
- Plastic tablecloths: orange (2), yellow, white, light blue, navy
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Hana-Ami Flower Loom from Clover
Assemble the Garland:
1. Spray-paint the wooden letters black; let dry.
2. Cut a whole orange tablecloth into three long strips. Braid the strips together and secure the ends with string. Cut braid to desired length.
3. Hot-glue the tops of the painted letters to the braided strip, spelling Give Thanks.
4. Referring our loom flower instructions, below, make approximately 10 loom flowers using the plastic tablecloths in assorted color combinations. Hot-glue flowers as desired to the garland.
How to Make Loom Flowers:
1. Cut the plastic tablecloths into 1⁄2“-wide strips along the length; knot one end of the strip. Place desired size flower loom ring onto base. Slip knot into groove on the outer edge of the base. Working clockwise, wind the strip around the pegs of the loom circle in a crisscross fashion through the center.
2. After wrapping the strip around the last peg, slip the strip through the slot on the outer edge; tie the strip to the knotted end in a bow. Cut off excess plastic.
3. Thread flower loom needle with contrasting plastic-tablecloth strip. Insert the needle through the center of the crisscrossing plastic from the back of the loom, leaving a long tail. Stitch through the center of the crisscrossed plastic between the plastic strips.
4. Continue stitching over the center of the flower until satisfied with the size of the flower center.
5. After making last flower center stitch, exit the strip on the back. Tightly tie the strip ends together on the back.
6. Remove the flower ring from the base. Trim the strip ends. Slip loops off pegs.