Designer: Lisa Storms
Send a snow-cone birthday greeting that will last through the hottest days of summer using cardstock, dimensional adhesive, and glitter to resemble shaved ice.
- Cardstock: white, tan, multicolor stripe
- Patterned paper: light purple
- Adhesive foam squares
- 2″ circle punch
- Dimensional adhesive
- Chunky glitter: crystal (such as JoAnn Craft Essentials)
- Alcohol inks: red, blue, yellow
- Small sponge
- Photocopy paper: white
- Paper clip
- Glue stick
Make the Rainbow Shaved Ice:
1. Gather your supplies: 2″ punched paper circle; dimensional adhesive; chunky crystal glitter; alcohol inks in red, blue, and yellow; alcohol blending solution, and sponge.
2. Coat the top 3⁄4 of the circle with dimensional adhesive. While wet, sprinkle a thin layer of chunky crystal glitter onto the adhesive. Gently press the glitter into the adhesive.
3. Once dry, ink glitter with alcohol ink. To decrease intensity of any colors, mix alcohol ink with alcohol blending solution.
Build the Card:
1. Cut a 6×91⁄2” rectangle from white cardstock; fold in half to make a 43⁄4×6″ card.
2. Cut a 43⁄4×6″ rectangle from multicolor stripe cardstock; glue to front of card.
3. Cut a 41⁄4×51⁄2” rectangle from light purple patterned paper; attach to front of card using adhesive foam squares.
4. Cut a 4″ square from white photocopy paper. Fold two sides in at an angle to form a cone. Crease the folds.
5. Cut a 1⁄2×3″ strip from white photocopy paper. Straighten a paper clip, wrap the strip around the wire, and secure the long edge in place using a glue stick. Adhere the rolled strip to the top of the cone.
6. Apply glue to uncoated area of glittered circle and attach to the top back of the cone.
7. Attach the cone to the front of the card using adhesive foam squares.
8. Print “sweet birthday wishes” onto white paper and cut into a strip, notching the ends. Mat it on a strip of tan cardstock and notch the ends. Attach the strip to the front of the card using adhesive foam squares.