Designer: Melanie East
Glass candle holders are easy to personalize for holidays, and can provide a spooky effect when lit at night!
Note: All products in this project are conveniently available for purchase at your local Walmart. This is a Cricut project that requires the use of a Cricut Explore machine and Cricut Design Space.
- Glue Dots® All Purpose Dots™ (Available at Walmart in October)
- Tall glass candle holder, approximately 7″ in height
- Measuring tape
- Black glitter cardstock
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Cricut Standard Grip Cutting Mat
Time: 25 minutes
Size: Approximately 7″ or other size as determined by the glass that you choose
Assemble the Candle Holder:
1. Measure the length of the glass. Set the glass aside.
2. Open up Cricut Design Space on your preferred device.
3. Begin a new project. Click “Insert Images.” The cat used in this project is from the “Pumpkin Carvings” cartridge. In Cricut Design Space, find it easily by searching for image #M3EC99. Insert the cat into the project canvas.
4. Click the “unlock” icon on the lower left of the image.
5. Pull the cat image to approximately 7″ in length. (If your candle holder is a different size, adjust the width to any size that you choose.)
6. Apply the black glitter cardstock to the Cricut Standard Grip Cutting Mat.
7. Cut the cat with the Cricut Explore Air 2.
8. Apply the Glue Dots All Purpose Dots to the back of the cat. One of the wonderful product attributes of Glue Dots is that they are flexible, making it easy for you to adjust the Glue Dots to fit any area of your cardstock.
9. Firmly press the cardstock onto the front of the glass.
10. Fill with a large candle, rocks, faux spider web, or any other Halloween-theme item of your choosing.