Designer: Amanda Kingloff
Angling for a good idea? Add a school of colorful duct-tape fish to your kids’ activities.
- Duct tape: assorted colors
- Metal washers
- 1⁄2“-diameter dowel: 18” long
- 1 yard of string
- Small magnet
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Poster board: light blue
- Fish pattern (download it here)
Assemble the Fish:
1. Cut four 4″ strips from duct tape. Slightly overlap two strips at long edges with adhesive side up. Place washer near center of strips; cover with remaining strips, sticky side down.
2. Trace the fish pattern onto cardstock; cut out. Trace fish onto prepared tape from Step 1; cut out.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to create more fish.
4. Tie one end of string to dowel end. Hot-glue opposite string end to a magnet.
5. Cut shape for pond from light blue poster board.