Designer: Elizabeth Stumbo
Let your creativity take flight on a greeting card.
- Assorted scrapbooking papers
- Baker’s twine: red-and-white, brown-and-white
- Clear-drying glue stick
- 5×7″ white card
- 3⁄8” letter stickers
- Balloon Pattern
1. Print patterns onto white paper; cut out. Trace balloon shapes A–E onto desired scrapbook papers, including the vertical segment lines on shape A; cut out the shapes.
2. Glue shapes B and C to shape A as indicated by the dashed placement lines on the pattern.
3. Using a glue stick, outline the vertical segment lines on shape A. Adhere lengths of red-and-white baker’s twine over the glue lines. Trim the ends even with the edges of shape A.
4. Cut four 11⁄4“-long pieces of brown-and-white baker’s twine. Glue one end of each length to the bottom of shape A and the opposite ends to the back of shape E. Glue shape D to the bottom of shape A as shown on the pattern, covering the twine ends.
5. Glue hot-air balloon to the front of the card and add letter stickers to spell “Hello.”