Designer: Katie Leporte
Moss and a small air plant become dense shrubbery when placed next to a cute clay mushroom.
- Oven-bake clay: white (such as Sculpey)
- Acrylic paint
- Artist’s brushes
- High-gloss decoupage medium (such as Mod Podge)
- Florist wire
- Clear Glitter
1. Shape oven-bake clay (such as Sculpey) into the following shapes: several tiny balls for spots, one 11⁄2” round disk for the cap, and one 1″-long tube for the stem.
2. Press clay balls onto cap to make spots, leaving each one slightly raised. Shape cap so it’s concave on the underside. Press cap onto stem.
3. Push a 13⁄4” length of florist wire through the center of the stem, leaving 1″ of wire exposed. Bake mushroom according to clay manufacturer’s specifications. When cool, paint mushroom as desired. Brush with high-gloss decoupage medium; sprinkle with clear glitter.