Designer: Virginia Plunkett
Refresh your closet without spending money on new clothes.
- Wooden hanger
- Decorative paper (wrapping or scrapbook)
- Sponge paintbrushes
- Matte-finish decoupage medium (such as Mod Podge)
- Old credit card
- Crafts knife
- Fine-grit sandpaper
- Acrylic paint
1. Cut a piece of decorative paper slightly larger than the hanger surface you wish to cover.
2. Brush a thin coat of decoupage medium onto one side of the hanger. Be sure to cover the side completely, all the way to the edges. Place paper on hanger, smoothing out any air bubbles with an old credit card. Let dry.
3. Use a crafts knife to cut off excess paper around hanger edges. Use fine-grit sandpaper to sand hanger edges for a smooth finish.
4. If desired, brush a coat of acrylic paint onto opposite side of hanger; let dry. Brush a coat of decoupage medium over painted surface; let dry.