Designer: Jodi Harris
Tiny triangles cut from wood veneer make a cheery banner-style necklace when strung together with jump rings and chain.
- Iron-on wood veneer tape
- Fabric scrap for backing
- Acrylic paint: light blue, medium blue, dark blue, white
- Spray sealer
- 11 gold jump rings
- Jewelry pliers
- Gold chain
- Gold lobster clasp
- Download the triangle pattern here.
1. Cut a 10″ length of veneer tape. Following manufacturer’s instructions, use an iron to press fabric onto rough side of tape. Trace triangle pattern onto white paper. Trace eight triangles onto wood side of veneer; cut out with sharp scissors.
2. Paint one triangle light blue, one medium blue, one dark blue, and one white; let dry. Spray all triangles with sealer; let dry.
3. Drill a 1⁄32” hole into two corners of each triangle. Connect triangles with jump rings through holes in desired order. Add chain to jump rings on outside triangles and adjust chain to desired length. Add jump rings to each chain end and add a lobster clasp to one end.