Designer: Katie Leporte
These bejeweled wine bottle stoppers make the perfect hostess gift and are easy to produce in multiples.
- Basic casting resin supplies (see “Tips for Using Epoxy Resin“)
- Small silicone molds (such as Mod Podge Mod Molds: Gems)
- Colorant: green and blue (such as Castin’ Craft Opaque Pigments and Transfer Dyes) (optional)
- Stir stick (optional)
- Items to submerge in resin (such as glitter, large iridescent sequins, metal findings)
- Wine bottle corks
- Industrial-strength glue (such as Super Glue)
Note: Always work with resin in a well-ventilated area.
Assemble the Wine Stoppers:
1. Follow the “Tips for Using Epoxy Resin” instructions, to prepare the resin mixture.
2. Pour resin mixture into desired silicone molds. If color is desired, add a drop of pigment or dye into resin and swirl with a stir stick. Stir glitter into wet resin or submerge cut up sequins or metal findings (see “Tips for Using Epoxy Resin”). Allow to harden for up to 72 hours to ensure a strong bond.
3. Release the hardened resin shapes from the silicone mold by gently pushing the pieces from the back of the mold.
4. Glue resin shapes to tops of wine bottle corks; let dry.