Designer: Kari Stecher
Filled with a lavender sachet, this flexible crocheted neck roll is perfect for soothing sore muscles.
- Two 4×111⁄2” pieces of muslin
- Worsted weight yarn: ivory
- Size I crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
- Two 3⁄4“-diameter buttons: ivory
Sew the Sachet
1. With right sides facing, sew the 4×111⁄2” pieces of muslin together, leaving one of the short sides open.
2. Fill the sachet with your choice of filler through the opening. Hand-stitch the opening closed.
Crochet the Cover
Note: Gauge is not critical to the success of project.
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook; *sk next ch, ch 1, sc in next ch; rep from * across; ch 1, turn (16 sc, 15 ch).
Row 2: Sk first st, *sc in ch-1 sp, ch 1, sk next st; rep from * across. End with a sc in turning ch from previous row; ch 1, turn (16 sc, 15 ch).
Rep Row 2 until piece measures approximately 101⁄2” square. Fasten off and weave in ends.
Assemble the Neck Roll
1. Fold up the bottom third of the crocheted cover, and use a tapestry needle and yarn to sew short side seams on two layers, leaving the top third loose as a pocket flap.
2. Sew two buttons to front of pocket, spacing each approximately 21⁄2” from side edges. Insert pillow into pocket, and fold the top third of cover down. Fasten buttons in the openings between stitches on the flap.