Designer: Jan Carlson
Turn red plastic spoons from the party supply store into dimensional accents to hang above a door.
- 5″-diameter plastic-foam ball
- Spray paint: red
- Plastic spoons: 200 red
- Wire cutters
- Glidden Gripper primer paint
- Foam paintbrush
- Burlap ribbon: natural
- Fishing line
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
Assemble the Decor:
1. Use wire cutters to snip the handles off the red spoons, leaving 3″ of each neck intact.
2. Brush Glidden Gripper primer paint onto the neck of one spoon. While the paint is wet, push the painted spoon neck into the foam ball. Repeat with a second spoon on the opposite side of the foam ball. Continue adding spoons to alternating sides until the entire ball is covered with spoons. Let dry.
3. Cut a 36″ length of burlap ribbon and tie the ends together to make a loop. Tie a length of fishing line around the spoons; tie into a knot. Tie the other end to the burlap ribbon loop. If desired, make a large burlap bow and hot-glue it to the burlap loop.