Add a special touch to store-bought gift tags! These cute clay shapes are so easy and fun to make.
- Oven-bake clay in a variety of colors (we used Premo! Sculpey)
- Mini metal shape cutters (we used the holiday cutters from Sculpey)
- Clay tools, like a roller and a knife (we used Sculpey’s essential tool kit)
- Crafts glue
- Gift tags
- Baker’s twine
Assemble the Clay Shapes:
1. Roll the oven-bake clay to approximately 1/4″ thickness.
2. Cut out your shapes using the metal cutters.
3. Referring to the photo at the top of the blog, cut out clay embellishments using a knife. We added frosting stripes and buttons to the gingerbread man; a cuff, heel, and toe to the stocking; a scarf to the snowman; and ornaments and a star to the tree.
4. Bake at 275 °F for 30 minutes.
Assemble the Gift Tags:
1. Using crafts glue, attach the shapes to a gift tag.
2. Use baker’s twice to tie the gift tag to your present.