Designer: Sara Perez
Deck the walls with a tree that stars your paper scraps!
- 12×15″ piece of watercolor paper (or size to fit your frame opening)
- Frame (ours is 16×20″)
- Heavyweight cardstock: pale green, mint, forest green, gold, silver glittered
- Crafts glue
- 7⁄8” star punch
1. Cut pale green, mint, and forest green cardstock into strips ranging from 11⁄4–11⁄2” wide for the tree branches. Cut a 11⁄2” square from gold cardstock for the trunk.
2. Glue the trunk to the center bottom of the watercolor paper. Cut one pale green strip to 81⁄2” long. Referring to the photo, position the strip horizontally approximately 11⁄2” above the bottom edge of the ivory cardstock background for the bottom tree branch, overlapping the trunk; glue in place.
3. Cut a forest green cardstock strip slightly shorter than the pale green strip from step 2. Referring to the photo, glue the strip above the pale green strip, placing it at a slight angle and overlapping the strips.
4. Continue adding strips in the same manner. Alternate shades of cardstock, and overlap strips at alternating angles until satisfied with height of tree.
5. Punch a star from glittered silver cardstock. Glue star to the top strip of tree.
6. Insert tree artwork into frame.