Designer: Melanie East
Use printed burlap to create easy ornaments with an intricate look.
- Craft Glue Dots® dispenser
- DCWV printed burlap
- DCWV cardstock, Luxe Lodge stack
- Cricut Explore Machine
- Cricut Winter Woodland cartridge
- Hole punch
- 6″ length of twine or ribbon
- Large glass to use as a cutting template
Finished ornament : approx. 5″ wide, but ornament can be made into any desired size
Time: 15 minutes
Note: While using the Cricut machine will allow for more intricate shapes, do not let the lack of a Cricut machine keep you from trying this lovely project. Use scissors and simpler shapes to create your own custom ornaments.
Assemble the Ornament:
1. Place the large glass on the back of a printed burlap sheet. Using a pencil, draw around the glass to create the circle shape.
2. Use scissors to cut out the circle.
3. With the Cricut Explore and the Cricut Winter Woodland cartridge, cut out deer shapes onto a piece of DCWV Luxe Lodge paper.
4. Adhere the deer to the front of the printed burlap circle with Craft Glue Dots®.
5. Use the hole punch to create a hole at the top of the circle. Add twine or ribbon through the hole in order to hang the ornament.
Visit the Glue Dots website for more project ideas and helpful products that make holiday crafting easy and fun!