Designer: Sarah Zimmerman
A miniature pumpkin gets its texture from yarn and burlap for a beautiful fall place setting.
- 3″-diameter foam ball
- Serrated knife
- Chunky yarn: orange (such as Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Pumpkin)
- 3⁄4×1″ cork bottle stopper
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Textured cardstock: moss green
- Fine-tip marking pen: black
- Leaf pattern (download it here)
Assemble the Pumpkin:
1. Use a serrated knife to cut a thin slice off the edge of the foam ball. The flat edge will be the pumpkin bottom.
2. Use a crafts knife or the closed, pointed end of a pair of scissors to hollow out a hole in the top of the ball to fit the narrow end of a cork bottle stopper. Hot-glue a cork bottle stopper into the hole for the stem.
3. Glue the yarn end at the base of the cork. Wrap the yarn around the cork horizontally in a spiral, gluing as you work. Continue to glue and wrap the yarn until the entire ball is covered.
4. Trace leaf pattern onto white paper; cut out. Cut leaf from textured cardstock. Glue cardstock leaf to burlap; trim, leaving 1⁄8” burlap border around leaf. Write a name on the leaf using a fine-tip marking pen. Glue leaf to pumpkin top.