Designer: Lisa Storms
Go green this year by giving reusable beverage holders. Add a few embellishments and you’re ready to gift.
- Scrap of felt
- Insulated cup
- Small bead
- Bamboo skewers
- Instant glue
- Solid cardstock: light blue and white
- Winter-theme stamp (such as Fiskars Winter Wishes Simple Stick Repositionable stamp)
- Black ink pad
- Snowflake punch
- Crafts glue
- Gem sticker
1. Cut a 11⁄4“-wide strip from felt (our strip was 23” long; however, adjust length of strip to fit around cup).
2. Snip into ends of felt strip to mimic fringe. To make fringe more noticeable, trim and remove a few small slivers of felt between fringe.
3. Tie felt strip around cup.
4. Place bead on end of bamboo skewer. If needed, trim skewer end to make bead fit on end. Place a dab of instant glue on skewer end to secure bead.
5. Cut a 11⁄4×4″ rectangle from light blue cardstock. Stamp “Warm Winter Wishes” using black ink onto right-hand side of cardstock. Punch a snowflake from white cardstock and adhere beside stamped sentiment. Add gem sticker to center of snowflake.
6. Trim a V-shape notch in right-hand side of cardstock flag. Glue flag to skewer.