Designer: Cindy Green
Enjoy the beauty of natural motifs without leaving the comfort of your home. This birch tree pillow adds a fall touch to your decor!
- 2—9×12″ pieces of white felt
- 2—12×17″ pieces of brown fabric
- Sewing thread: white and brown
- Sewing needle
- Polyester fiberfill
- Tree Pattern
1. Enlarge and trace the tree pattern, above, onto the pieces of white felt; cut out. To cut out the tree holes on trees 2, 3, and 4, fold the felt tree in half and use scissors to cut a semicircle in the folded edge.
2. Referring to the Appliqué Placement Diagram, pin the white felt trees to a 12×17″ piece of brown cotton fabric. Set your sewing machine to a zigzag stitch. Using white sewing thread, machine-stitch over the edges of each felt tree.
3. With right sides together and using a 1⁄4” seam allowance, sew the appliqué pillow front and the remaining 12×17″ piece of brown fabric for the pillow back together, leaving a 5″ opening along the bottom edge (Pillow Back Diagram).
4. Turn the pillow cover right side out. Using a low setting on your iron, press the pillow cover carefully. Stuff the pillow cover firmly with polyester fiberfill.
5. Hand-sew the bottom opening closed using brown sewing thread.