Designer: Tari Colby
These chalkboard labels are “write” on. Cut stencils from sticker paper; then add chalkboard paint for write-on/wipe-off capability.
- Drinking glasses and glass pitcher
- Clean cloth
- Rubbing alcohol
- Sticker paper
- Painter’s tape
- Chalkboard paint (such as Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Chalkboard Acrylic Paint)
- Foam paintbrush
- Chalk or chalkboard marker
1. Wash glasses thoroughly with soap and water; dry. Dampen a clean cloth with rubbing alcohol. Wipe glass surfaces with dampened cloth.
2. Trace desired shape onto sticker paper. Cut out pattern on the lines to make stencils. Position stencil as desired on glasses or pitcher.
3. Paint area inside mask with chalkboard paint; let dry. Repeat with five or six coats of chalkboard paint for each piece, letting paint dry between coats. Let paint dry at least 24 hours before writing on it with chalk or a chalkboard marker.