Designer: Kristina Clemens
Treat your potted plants to a simple knotted sling that’s a blast from the macramé past.
- 10 yards of cording, twine, or paracord
- 1 1⁄4” metal ring or key ring
- 6″ tall ceramic planter
1. Cut four 90″-long cording strands and lay together in a group. Thread all the strands through the metal ring, and tie the centers of the strands to the ring (Diagram 1).
2. Split the strands into four sections of two strands each. Tie each section with an overhand knot approximately 8″ below the top knot (Diagram 2).
3. Split the tails below each knot and join tails from adjacent knots with an overhand knot approximately 3–4″ below the knots from Step 2. (Diagram 3).
4. Group all tails together and knot them with a large overhand knot that will hold the planter in place (Diagram 4).
5. Insert planter into hanger. Trim tails to desired length.