Designer: Elizabeth Stumbo
Weave ribbon into a spring basket wreath for your front door!
- 14″ foam wreath form
- 1-1/2″-wide burlap ribbon (at least 6 yards)
- Dressmaker pins
- 1– 3-1/2×10-1/2″ rectangle of dark green cardstock
- 1– 3-1/2×10-1/2″ rectangle of light green cardstock
- Adhesive glue dots
- 1-1/2″-wide pastel stripe ribbon
Assemble the Wreath:
1. Wrap the top half of the foam wreath form with burlap ribbon. Secure ends with pins.
2. Cut remaining burlap ribbon into six — 16″ strips and six — 12″ strips.
3. Lay the burlap ribbon 16″ strips across the bottom front of the wreath. Pin ends to back side of wreath. (This should cover the bottom half).
4. Weave the burlap ribbon 12″ strips between the pieces added in Step 3 to get a basket weave look. Pin bottom ends to the back side of the wreath. Secure top ends to the back with adhesive glue dots.
5. Cut fringe into one long edge of both cardstock pieces to make grass. Layer the grass pieces, offset them slightly, and glue together.
6. Add adhesive glue dots to the bottom front edge of the grass. Adhere the grass to the back of the wreath, so the grass peeks out from the top of the burlap basket.
7. Using the pastel ribbon, tie a bow to the basket handle to complete the wreath.
Share pictures of your crafty spring decor with us on Instagram with #MIYMagLife!