A painted candle holder shows off a glowing heart when a candle is burning! (Bonus: That cute garland in the background is so easy!)
- Crafts paint: red and white
- Glass votive (ours is 3″ tall and 2.5″ diameter)
- Foam paintbrush
- Acrylic paintbrush
- Heart pattern (print the pattern here)
Assemble the Candle Holder:
1. Cut out the heart pattern and tape it to the inside of the votive. Using red paint and acrylic paintbrush, use the pattern as a guide to outline a heart shape on the outside of the votive.
2. Use the foam brush to paint the rest of the votive red, leaving the heart shape unpainted. Add a second coat of paint if desired; let dry.
3. Add polka dots using the acrylic paintbrush and white paint; let dry.
Love that garland in the background? We folded punched 1-3/4″-wide circles and die-cut doilies in half, then used glue gots to secure them to a length of baker’s twine.
Paper: Craft Smith Blush Glam Paper Pad
Doilies: Die-Cut Lace Tags By Martha Stewart Crafts
What are you working on for Valentine’s Day? Use the hashtag #miymaglife on Instagram to share your pics with us!