Designer: Wendy Musgrave
- 2 cups Epsom salts
- 1 cup sea salt
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- Resealable plastic bags: 1 gallon-size, 3 quart-size
- Essential oil (such as lavender)
- Food coloring: neon green and neon blue
- Glass jar
- Sticker paper
1. Place Epsom salts, sea salt, and baking soda in gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Close bag and shake to mix. Open bag and add 10 to 15 drops of essential oil to mixture. Close bag and shake again.
2. To create the color gradation, divide contents of large bag into three quart-size bags.
3. Tint contents of first bag of salt by adding food coloring to create lightest color. Count drops as you tint the mixture. Shake bag to mix.
4. Repeat Step 3 with second bag of salt and food coloring. Add the same number of drops of food coloring as the first bag, but then add a few additional drops to make a slightly darker shade. Shake bag to mix.
5. Repeat Step 3 with third bag of salt and food coloring. Make the third bag the darkest color of the three shades by adding even more drops of food coloring.
6. Fill bottom third of glass jar with the darkest-color salt soak mixture. Layer medium-color salt mixture on top of darkest mixture for the middle third of the jar. Fill the remainder of the jar with the lightest color mixture.
SPA IN A BOX:
Give the gift of relaxation with a pretty presentation inside a box. Get more DIY spa recipes + cute labels here.