Designer: Wendy Musgrave
- 1/4 cup Epsom salts
- 1/2 cup citric acid (available at natural-foods stores)
- 1 cup baking soda
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- Resealable plastic bag: quart-size
- Essential oil (such as lavender)
- Food coloring: pink
- Silicone mold
1. Mix 1/4 cup Epsom salts, 10–15 drops of essential oil, and a few drops of food coloring in a quart-size resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and shake until evenly blended. The color will be darker than the color of the final bath fizz.
2. Place salts from bag, 1/2 cup citric acid, 1 cup baking soda, and 3/4 cup cornstarch in a nonmetallic bowl. Stir with nonmetal spoon or spatula. Lightly mist with water, stirring constantly. Continue misting until mixture sticks together when packed.
3. Press mixture into silicone mold. Let set overnight to dry. Carefully remove one bath fizz from the mold. If it releases easily, remove remaining fizzes from mold. Allow more drying time if needed.
Spa in a Box:
Give the gift of relaxation with a pretty presentation inside a box. Get more DIY spa recipes + cute labels here.