Designer: Jenny Kolenda
Greet guests with a feather-embellished grapevine wreath. No feathers? No problem! Make your own unique collection of beautiful feathers using yarn and wire.
- 18-gauge green cloth-covered florist’s wire
- Wire cutters
- Glue stick
- Acrylic yarn: taupe, gray, aqua, seafoam green, light tan, dark tan
- Liquid starch
- Disposable rimmed plate
- Plastic wrap
- 1⁄8 yard tan linen
- 18″-diameter grapevine wreath
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- 18″ length of ribbon
Assemble the Wreath:
1. Cut a 9″-long piece of 18-gauge green cloth-covered florist’s wire. See instructions to make a yarn feather here. Repeat the steps to make desired number of feathers. Note: You can use one color or multiple colors of yarn per feather.
2. Trim feather edges as desired, cutting a few of the yarn ties shorter for a realistic look.
3. Cut a 3×42″ strip from tan linen. Cut 13⁄4“-deep fringe spaced 1⁄2” apart along one long edge of the linen.
4. Roll one short end of the linen strip tightly; securing with hot glue as you roll. Continue rolling and gluing the strip to make the accent.
5. Glue feathers and accent to wreath. Tie ribbon around top of wreath for a hanging loop.