Designer: Jennifer Sedillo
Accessorizing is fun with a hair bow for every occasion and outfit. These bow ties are made from wool felt, but you can add a second layer of ribbon for additional shimmer or color. An alligator hair clip attached to the back keeps it in place.
- 1—12×18″ sheet of wool felt
- 7″ length of 3⁄4“-wide glitter ribbon (optional)
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Metal alligator hair clip
From wool felt, cut:
- 1—13⁄8×71⁄2” strip
- 1—13⁄8×4″ strip
- 1—15⁄8×21⁄2” rectangle
- Hot-glue the short ends of the 13⁄8×71⁄2” wool felt strip together to make a loop. Note: If you would like a glitter-ribbon layer on your bow, hot-glue glitter ribbon to the wool felt strip before gluing the strip into a loop.
2. Pinch loop in center, centering glued seam at back; hot-glue front and back together to make loops.
3. Cut a V-shape notch on each end of the 13⁄8×4″ wool felt strip using scissors. Hot-glue pinched portion of bow loops to center top of notched wool felt strip.
4. Wrap the 15⁄8×21⁄2” wool felt piece around center of bow and hot-glue on back.
5. Hot-glue a metal alligator hair clip to the back of the bow.