Designer: Lisa Kettell
Hit a home run with fashionable cuffs made from the leather coverings using a baseball. You’ll want one for yourself and every ball game lover on your list.
- Crafts knife
- Metal skewer
- Needle-nose pliers
- DMC embroidery floss: #316 and #775
- Embroidery needle
- Small lobster clasp
- Hold baseball securely in hand. Using crafts knife, carefully cut into stitching between leather pieces.
- Pry up leather with metal skewer along cut edges. Pull leather away from ball interior using needle-nose pliers, and remove stitching along edges. Repeat to remove other leather piece from baseball. Remove netting on back side of each piece.
- Layer leather pieces with wrong sides together. Cut a 2-yard length of embroidery floss in desired color, and thread into embroidery needle. Stitch pieces together with a whipstitch around edges through existing holes. Knot floss ends and trim.
- Stitch clasp to cuff ends using matching embroidery floss.