Designer: Lisa Storms
Give guests a sneak peek of the party theme with an invitation featuring tiny, colorful acorns. Creative use of a circle punch makes crafting each acorn easy.
- 5×8″ blank white card
- 4×5″ piece of striped paper
- Crafts glue
- Computer and printer
- Solid cardstock: cream, aqua, purple
- 1″-diameter circle punch
- Two brown patterned papers
- Adhesive pop dots
Assemble the Card:
- Glue striped paper to front of blank white card.
2. Using your computer, print the words “a fall gathering” onto cream cardstock; trim into a 23⁄4×41⁄2” rectangle, leaving space above the words for the acorns. Cut an inverted V-shape at the bottom of the cardstock below the words.
3. Punch a circle from aqua cardstock. Feed the punched circle 3⁄4 of the way back into the circle punch; punch again. This is the nut portion of the acorn. Repeat with purple cardstock to punch a second nut.
4. Place the straight edge of one brown patterned paper halfway into the circle punch; punch. Round the corners with scissors. This is the acorn cap. Repeat to punch a second acorn cap.
5. Punch a circle from the remaining patterned paper. Feed the punched circle back into the circle punch and punch a small sliver from the circle for a stem. Repeat to punch a second stem.
6. Attach the acorns to the cream cardstock and the cream cardstock to the striped card front using pop dots.