Turn a simple square of fabric into an easy envelope-style gift card holder! With a few folds, you’ll be giving stylish gifts to everyone on your list.
- 10″ square of fabric (this fits a gift card approximately 4×6″ or a standard card size)
- Pinking shears
- Burlap rickrack
- 2-1/4×3-1/2″ cardboard tag
- Scrap of cardstock
- 1-1/2″ circle punch
Assemble the Gift Card Holder:
1. Pink the edges of your fabric square using a pinking shears. This will keep the fabric from unraveling.
2. Lay the fabric square right side down with corners on point. Place the gift card in the center.
3. Fold the left and right sides into the center.
4. Fold the bottom side up.
5. Fold the top side down.
6. Tie a length of burlap rickrack around the center. Secure with a knot.
7. Punch a 1-1/2″ circle from cardstock. Write the recipient’s name on the circle, then tape or glue the circle to the cardboard tag.
8. Use a safety pin to secure the cardboard tag to the knot in the rickrack.