A shark-filled tin is the perfect favor for a kid’s birthday party or a fun present for any shark-loving friend!
- Mint tin
- Teal and light blue crafts felt
- Gray and green cardstock
- Tacky glue
Assemble the Tin:
1. Trace the tin shape twice onto teal felt and once on light blue felt. Cut the shapes out.
2. Glue one teal felt rectangle to the inside of the tin.
3. Draw a line of waves within the light blue felt rectangle about 1/2″ from the top. Cut out the wave shape and glue to the inside of the tin.
4. Draw a line of waves within the teal felt rectangle about 1-1/2″ from the top. Cut out the wave shape and glue to the inside of the tin.
5. Draw seaweed shapes onto green cardstock between 3/4″ and 1-1/2″ tall. We used five seaweed shapes.
6. Glue three of the seaweed shapes onto the felt waves.
7. Draw a shark shape onto gray cardstock about 2″ long. Cut out.
8. Glue the shark shape onto the felt waves. Bend the bottom of the last two seaweed shapes, then glue the bent end to the bottom of the tin for a 3D look.
9. Fold a gray cardstock 1×2″ rectangle in half. Write a shark-theme saying on it, then glue it to the top of the tin.