Ordering wedding stationery can be overwhelming! If you have lots of time, you can go the traditional route and hire a designer and calligrapher. But you can also design your own and order it online for an easier and cheaper way to get your wedding stationery.
There are a lot of different parts to stationery, but as long as you’re providing all the important information, you can pick and choose which pieces you need! Just make sure it sets the tone to your wedding with your colors, theme, and vibe.
Want more info for planning a DIY wedding? Read my guide to DIY weddings here.
- Invitations: This is your centerpiece and sets the theme for the wedding. It should include your names, the date, the time, the place, and any other super important information you want your guests to know, such as attire and your wedding website.
- Reply Cards: Reply cards are sent with the invites in a self-addresses stamped envelope. Most reply card ask the names of the guests, the number of guests, and the meal choice or dietary concerns. Make sure to include an “RSPV by” date.
- Reception Cards: If your party will take place at a different location than your ceremony, include an address and directions to the reception on a separate card with your invites.
- Wedding Programs: Usually seen as little booklets, the program lists the ceremony details. It gives the names of the bridal party, the order of events, and the titles of any readings and songs.
- Menu Cards: Don’t keep guests in the dark on the food. Give them a menu at their place setting or each table to get a preview.
- Place Cards/Escort Cards: If you’re having a formal sit-down dinner, use place cards to label a guest’s seat or escort cards to direct guests to their table.
Add These On:
- Thank-You Cards: Order your thank you notes right away so they match your invites. You can use them for bridal shower thank-yous, too.
- Return Address Labels: You’ll be labeling a lot of cards. Custom return address labels that match your stationary make addressing envelopes easy.
- Stamps: Many stationary sites offer customizable or wedding-theme stamps you can add to your shopping cart.
Our Fave Websites to Order Your Stationary From:
- Minted: They make it easiest! Not only will they help you design a totally unique card, but they’ll even address the envelopes for you.
- Paperless Post: Has both online or paper stationary using designs from top fashion and lifestyle designers. Perfect for invites with a high-end look!
- Paper Source: Large selection, totally customizable, and lots of related stationery to match your invites.
- Shutterfly: Your go-to for photos finally does wedding stationery! Perfect for invites that feature your beautiful engagement photos.
- Vistaprint: Perfect for brides on a budget! They’ll even throw in the matching envelopes for free.
- Wedding Paper Divas: Large selection for both the classic bride and the modern marriage. And so many color choices!
- Zazzle: Let’s you design a card completely from scratch or choose from a predesigned template.
- Many stationery websites offer free samples of an invite, so you can test paper type and ink colors before you make your final order.
- Look for stationery that comes in a set, so you can order matching invitations, reply cards, and more without having to redesign your stationery each time.
- Some websites offer printed envelopes with your guest’s addresses for a small fee, so you don’t have to hire a calligrapher or write them yourself.
What other stationery tips or questions do you have? Post them in the comments!