Designer: Emily VanSchmus
Put your fave red, white, and blue papers on display with this easy star craft! They’re the perfect yard decoration for the 4th of July.
- Red, white, and blue cardstock
- Three 12×12″ pieces of black cardstock
- Star pattern (click here for pattern)
- 3-1/2″ scallop circle paper punch
- 2-1/2″ paper doily circle
- 1-1/2″ circle paper punch
- 3D letter stickers
- Three dowel rods
Finished star: 8″
Assemble the Stars:
- Cut your three black pieces of cardstock to 9×9″ (or slightly larger than the star pattern).
2. Cut the red, white, and blue cardstock into strips of varying widths. We trimmed our strips from 3/4″- to 2″-wide. Using your adhesive of choice, arrange and attach the strips to the 9×9″ piece of cardstock.
3. Trace the star pattern on the back side of the cardstock. Cut out on the traced lines.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 to make two more stars.
5. Punch a 3-1/2″ scallop circle from red-and-white cardstock. Layer a 2-1/2″ paper doily shape on top and adhere with glue.
6. Punch a 1-1/2″ circle from blue cardstock. Layer the blue circle atop the doily shape and adhere with glue.
7. Add a “U” letter sticker to the center of the blue circle. Adhere the center embellishment to the star using glue.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 to make the center embellishment for the other two stars, substituting a “S” and “A” letter sticker to spell “USA.”
9. Use tape or hot glue to attach the dowel rod to the back of the star shapes.