Designer: Katie Leporte
We can’t decide which is more fun—making these resin wineglass identifiers or choosing your favorite to loop onto your glass!
- Epoxy resin
- Two plastic measuring cups
- Stir Sticks
- Small silicone molds (such as Mod Podge Mod Molds: Gems)
- Colorants: blue opaque pigment and amber transparent dye (such as Castin’ Craft Opaque Pigments and Transfer Dyes) (optional)
- Stir stick (optional)
- Gold glitter
- Gold wire earring hoops
- Drill and 1⁄16” drill bit
- Scrap block of wood
Note: Always work with resin in a well-ventilated area.
1. Follow the Tips for Using Epoxy Resin instructions to prepare the resin mixture.
2. Pour resin mixture into desired silicone molds. If color is desired, add a drop of pigment or dye into resin and swirl with a stir stick. If desired, stir glitter into wet resin. Allow to harden for up to 72 hours to ensure a strong bond.
3. Release the hardened resin shapes from the silicone mold by gently pushing the pieces from the back of the mold.
4. Place resin shape on a scrap block of wood, and drill a 1⁄16” hole approximately 1⁄4” from the top of each shape. Insert a wire earring hoop through the hole, and secure the hook and loop ends together.